Who we are
Pragma is passionate about designing great services and growing. We work with high profile government agencies, large and small, and we love working on services that improve peoples’ lives. Our clients love working with us, and we love what we do.
We are user-centred design experts, but we come from a range of fields. Pragma includes experienced and skilled user researchers, service designers, UX designers, graphic designers content designers, content strategists, technical leads and developers, delivery managers and business architects.
Our culture sets us apart. We believe in working hard but not long, and we value flexibility and agility. We work intimately with our clients to understand their context.
Our approach is in our name – being pragmatic means dealing with things sensibly and realistically. Pragmatism means responding to the world as it is, not theoretically. We help our clients design services that lead to real outcomes.
Who you are
- You’re a skilled and empathetic Service Designer with experience designing user-focused end-to-end digital and non-digital services (mostly) for government.
- Problem solving is second nature to you and you leverage user-centred design principles to challenge assumptions and build an understanding of users, their needs and their behaviour. You then use these insights to design services that meet the needs of users and business.
- You are at home at all stages of the design process which might mean early conceptual service design, or on the ground working in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver in an agile environment.
- You can lead research sessions with real users that result in actionable insights that will drive design and the way users interact with services.
- You can confidently manage stakeholders and clients, communicating effectively and balancing your priorities to take a task and run with it.
- You’re excited to work with experts in adjacent fields, such as UX/UI design and digital product development.
- You have experience producing visually compelling and well-crafted user research and service design artefacts.
- Due to our government clients, Australian Citizenship and the ability to gain required security clearances is essential.
If you are excited by this opportunity, but don’t quite fit the description above, we’d still love to hear from you.